Breathing, Heart, and Lungs
An anxious patient is having rapid and shallow breathing. After a few moments, he complains of a tingling sensation.
- What could be the causes of this tingling sensation?
- What are the various patterns of respiration and their significance?
- Ethnicity and culture influence risk factors for heart disease. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What is the technique of percussion and palpation of the chest wall for tenderness, symmetry, bulges, fremitus, and thoracic expansion? Explain.
- Would you anticipate hearing hyper-resonance on a patient with a history of tobacco use? Why or why not?
- What are the mechanics of breathing with reference to lung borders and the anatomical structure of the lungs and diaphragm?
Citations should conform to APA guidelines. You may use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources or connect to the APA Style website through the APA icon below.
The Lab Assignment
Choose one skin condition graphic (identify by number in your Chief Complaint) to document your assignment in the SOAP (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) note format rather than the traditional narrative style. Refer to Chapter 2 of the Sullivan text and the Comprehensive SOAP Template in this week’s Learning Resources for guidance. Remember that not all comprehensive SOAP data are included in every patient case.
•&νβσπ;&νβσπ;&νβσπ;&νβσπ;&νβσπ;&νβσπ;&νβσπ;&νβσπ;&νβσπ;Use clinical terminologies to explain the physical characteristics featured in the graphic. Formulate a differential diagnosis of three to five possible conditions for the skin graphic that you chose. Determine which is most likely to be the correct diagnosis and explain your reasoning using at least three different references, one reference from current evidence-based literature from your search and two different references from this week’s Learning Resourc