- The CEO of the start-up company you are working with from Wk 1 asked you to attend the executive steering committee meeting. The committee is looking to implement a new SCM system. The manufacturing company does not currently have a SCM system and does not believe there is a need for one. The lack of having one causes the company to have occasional operational issues, which results in a loss of revenue.
The executive steering committee has asked you to research the different SCM system software packages available and create a comparison chart of the different packages. They would also like you to provide a summary that will give a recommendation for what SCM system the organization should use.
Research at least four SCM system software packages.
Create a comparison chart for at least four SCM packages you researched that includes the following:
- Demand Planning
- Import/Export Management
- Inventory Management
- Shipping Management
- Supplier Management
- Transportation Management
- Warehouse Management
- Note: The cost factor might be challenging to determine without subscribing, initiating a consultation or solicitation; therefore, do the best that you can. If not able to determine a cost in research, then document the research attempt instead.
Write a 1-page summary, if possible, that will help the executives determine what SCM system and strategy to use and that will ensure success. Be sure to include the following in your summary:
- A high-level overview of the supply chain
- Why each step is important to the organization
- How the supply chain will help the company succeed and correct the operational issues.
- Note: It is fine to try to incorporate the chart into the summary. If the chart does not fit, then there is no need to incorporate it within the summary.