Crime control is frequently presented in the media. More specifically, many television shows,
music videos, and prime-time specials portray different perspectives regarding the criminal justice system.
Using key terms from the textbook chapter and the videos, respond to the following:
- List at least four television shows, music videos, or prime-time specials that you have seen depicting police operations, investigative work, court cases, or a correctional setting.
- How did these shows/videos represent that criminal justice agency?
- Identify any problems regarding crime control?
- Do you think the shows provided a realistic image of a criminal justice agency? Why or Why not?
- What tips did you pick up from the video as to how to be a more critical viewer?
Watch this 2 videos.
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 500 words. [POST YOUR WORD COUNT AT THE END OF YOUR MAIN POST.]
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
- Do not plagiarize.