IoT (Internet of Things) security is the technology area concerned with safeguarding connected devices and networks comprising IoT sensors and devices. The IoT revolution involves adding internet connectivity to a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals and/or people. Each “thing” is provided a unique identifier and the ability to automatically transfer data over the network infrastructure. Allowing devices to connect to the internet opens them up to a number of serious vulnerabilities if they are not properly protected. IoT security has become the subject of scrutiny after a number of high-profile incidents where a common IoT device was used to infiltrate and attack the larger network. For this essay, assume that you have just been hired as the CISO for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Please write an essay discussing your recommendations on how you would implement IoT Security within your Agency.
1. Addresses the assigned topic/question in a highly analytical manner.
2. Proposes a well-defined thesis, stated early and employs critical thinking throughout the essay.
3. Presents evidence to support the stated thesis and writes in a clear, concise, and analytic manner.
4. Addresses specific course themes and concepts relevant to the assigned topic/question.
5. Addresses, explicitly or implicitly, opposing arguments or weaknesses in the thesis and supporting evidence (this constitutes a counter-argument). 6. Accomplishes all of the above in a clear and well-organized fashion using proper grammar, punctuation, usage, and sentence structure.