Go to the AICPA’s website (www.aicpa.org (Links to an external site.)).
- Under Research, click Standards.
- On the standards page, click the code of professional conduct link.
- Click on the Revised Online Code of Professional Conduct (Links to an external site.) link, then expand the topic by clicking the plus-icon.
- Click on the blue link Code of Professional Conduct (Links to an external site.).
- Search for rules 1.700.001 (formerly 301.01) and 1.510.001 (formerly 302.01).
- Summarize each of these rules in 2–3 pages (12-point, double spaced) and give an example of when a contingent fee would be permitted and another example of when a contingent fee would not be permitted under this rule. Please give different examples than the ones in the rule.